You are required to:
• Provide complete and accurate information about your health including present condition, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, natural products and vitamins and any other matters that pertain to your health.
• Provide complete and accurate information including full name, address and other information.
You should feel free to ask questions when you do not understand what the doctor or other members of the health care team talk about diagnosis or treatment. You should also inform the doctor if you anticipate problems in following prescribed treatment or considering alternative therapies.
You are required to abide by all hospital rules and regulations:
• Comply with the NO SMOKING policy.
• Comply with the visitor policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients. Be considerate of noise levels, privacy and safety. Weapons are prohibited on premises.
• Treat hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect.
You should be on time in case of appointments or to cancel or reschedule that as much in advance as possible.
You cannot give medication prescribed for you to others.
You are required to:
• Provide complete and accurate information for insurance claims.
• Pay for services billed for in a timely manner as per the hospital policies.
• Respect that some other patients’ medical condition may be more urgent than yours and hence accept that your doctor may need to attend them first.
You are expected to:
• Respect that admitted patient and patients requiring emergency care take priority for your Doctor.
• Follow the prescribed treatment plan and carefully comply with the instructions given.
• Accept where applicable, adaptations to the environment to ensure a safe and secure stay in hospital.
• Accept the measures taken by the hospital to ensure personal privacy and confidentiality of medical records.
• Attend follow up appointment as requested.
• Not to take any medications without the knowledge of doctor and healthcare professionals.
• Provide correct and truthful history.
• Understand the charter of rights and seek clarification.